- Highly versatile, eliminates the need to stock a variety of foam types
- Listed for use on a wide variety of polar solvent fuels and oxygenated fuel blends
- Select hazardous material applications
- Suitable for use with fresh and sea water
- Suitable for use with foam compatible dry powder extinguishing agents
Universal® Alcohol-Resistant Aqueous Film-Forming Foam (AR-AFFF)
Universal Alcohol Resistant AFFF (AR-AFFF) concentrates demonstrate National Foam’s innovation and commitment to superior flexibility, firefighting performance and environmental responsibility. The first of the modern AR-AFFF foam concentrates, Universal products are used to extinguish hydrocarbons, polar solvent (water miscible) fires and many oxygenated fuel blends. Fuel type, proportioning accuracy and incident dynamics should be considered when selecting percentage use concentration.
Universal is an AR-AFFF concentrate with a special biosynthesized polymer. This polymer is designed to fulfill two functions. The first is to form a protective membrane between the fuel and the foam as it contacts the water-miscible fuel, making extinguishment possible. The second function is to make the foam more stable and heat-resistant, resulting in better burnback resistance and sealability compared to conventional AFFFs.Request A Quote
- Environmentally responsible formulation
- U.L. Listed as a Wetting Agent, at substantially lower usage rates than most Wetting Agents
- Premix is stable for more than 30 days (using potable water), which is significantly longer than traditional Class A foam solutions.
- Emulsifies Class B Hydrocarbon fuels
- Contains NO alcohols for higher flash point and compatibility with Class A/B Systems
- Can be used with fresh, brackish and sea water, plus exhibits good foamability, even in cold water
- Environmentally responsible foam concentrate.
- Compatible with a wide range of proportioning and foam-making devices.
- Suitable for use with foam compatible dry powder extinguishing agents.